Shall I compare you to a rainy and windy night
You are more cold and menacing
Rough winds shaking and rattling my windowpanes
And branches look like fingers, startling
But you, you make my skin crawl
My hands had never felt so cold before
Everything turned upside down, I fall
And landed bottom first, on the floor
Every night I tremble
Hoping you wouldn't appear before me
When I open my eyes, I prayed, do not snap oh cable
So that eternal darkness will not engulf me
Because I am terrified of you, being so near
Boogieman living under my bed, my greatest fear.
Hahahahah! Remember this, anyone?
It was our homework from Teacher Siska.
We had to write a sonnet, just like Shakespeare's Sonnet 18.
And while everyone else wrote about love, I wrote about this non-existent boogieman who does not live under my bed.
Basically, I just turned the whole sonnet upside down.
Easy.
No need to waste time thinking about love and what rhymes with it.
And whom I was in love with. Because there was none. XD
Well, it doesn't really qualify as a real sonnet, though.
The number of words are inconsistent.
And there are grammar mistakes, if you look at it.
Yesh, this is the original version. The one I send to teacher.
Malas sa mau buat adjustments. I don't wanna ruin it. wakakakak!
Aiih. Brings back memories, doesn't it?
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment