I'm listening to this one song. And it reminds me of you. Because when I first met you, this song was playing on repeat on my mind. The lyrics accurately described all the turmoils I felt at the time. I was enchanted to meet you. Simply wonder-struck that such an amazing person would even took a glance at me. Back then, I would blush even just from listening to someone saying your name. I was that affected by you.
It was such a shame that I wasn't any more mature at the time. If I was, I would have done so much more to show you how much you meant to me. I regretted not doing what I wished to do with you. My reasons at the time were mostly of the lack of time and financial back-up. But I realised now, that if I really had tried, I could have bypassed those short-comings. It's too late now, and I'm very sorry I couldn't have done more.
I'm not gonna lie, you were my ideal man. And there were times when I wished it had lasted. You were one of the few who actually get my random jokes and quirky habits. But I also admit that I wasn't being completely honest with you. I was trying so hard to impress you, that along the way, I just got lost. And that was entirely my fault.
Hey, if by any chance you get to read this, and you know that I'm talking about you; please don't misunderstand. I get it that you were my dream prince, but I was not your princess. I'm not trying to get back together, nor am I trying to reach out to you again. I just want you to know that the mess we left behind; I had cleaned it up and threw it away. It's all in the past, and that's where it belongs. I'm glad it happened. And I'm glad for the chance to fall in love with you. I'm glad to have met you. Thank you.
Now, if you'll excuse me; my present awaits.
No comments:
Post a Comment