And so many has happened during that time. I was heart-broken, healed, surprised, and almost fell in love.
My heart finally feels like its beating again.
I still have some dark days, when I feel like a living corpse. But it is no longer because of a broken heart.
And I am grateful for that. I finally put the past behind, and started to move forward.
I am on my last semester here, in Uni. And I want to make the most of it. So I joined the things that I've always wanted to join, but was too afraid to, because I have no 'gang'.
Yeah, I give up trying to fit it. I give up trying to define myself to one specific category of the human nature.
I give up caring about what people say about me behind my back.
If they ask me, "Why are you alone?"
I will answer, "What's wrong with being alone?"
If they asks, " Where are your friends?"
I will just say, "Not here".
Because I finally understood that being alone, doesn't always mean that you don't have friends, or that you are unpopular with people. And being surrounded by people doesn't always mean that you are liked by all. Popular, maybe. But not necessarily liked.
It's not that I am making the society my enemy, no. I prefer to think that I have more important goals to focus on, rather than making sure I am not seen as a loner in public.
I guess this whole entry is just about me saying, "I am not afraid to be alone anymore".
No comments:
Post a Comment