Tuesday, February 22, 2011

According to plan?

I had a site visit last Saturday.
It was for Geology.
And we (my class and I, and the lecturer) went to Gua Tempurung.

Cameras are not allowed since we're gonna wade through waters.
However, those who insist, can bring theirs.
But I left my brand new phone behind.
Don't want it to be soaked in water. 
Anyway, we were only allowed to bring torchlight.

The cave was dark.....whoa.
Only yellow pavement-like lights light the insides.
And there were a lot of curious things (shapes) on the walls of the cave.
No, they weren't engraved or carved into the walls.
They were formed by wind and water.
The guide told us. hehehe.
It was beautiful, but at the same time, frightening.
I couldn't help but feel awed. And insignificant. hahaha.

There were shapes of a crocodile head, a cat's face, a seahorse, UFO, and even cupid!

And did you know that I am afraid of heights?
Ya, saya gayat.
Dan gua tu bukan bersambung dgn tanah rata.
It goes on, and on. The bottom is actually flooded.
And the highest peak is so damn high.

I got scared when we were climbing up the stairs. But I was almost hysterical on the way down.


And after that, we had to slide down this almost 90 degree slope.
huhuhuhu.
I was scared out of my wits.
But my classmates are waiting to catch us at the bottom.
So, I trusted them with my life. Kinda.
(so, I'm still alive. And it wasn't high, that slope. only about 9 meters)

And then, the most exciting part of this visit!
We wade through waters.
The water was not saltwater.
And I got soaked. All the way through.

But it was niiiiceeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment