Pretty Hurts. Try. Its All About The Bass.
All very inspirational songs. All with the same meaning. "Love yourself".
Yes, I have to say, I have that perfection disease as well. My looks, my hair, my clothes need match and branded. My weight, my body shape needs to be slim and toned and...perfect. My makeup is used as mask to hide my dull, bare face.
My head knows that what is important is self-confidence. But makeup can help right? Perfumes can help boosts self-confidence, right? How you dress can affect how people react to you. If you dress nicely people treat you nicely, right? And that will boost your self-confidence, no?
So, you see. Talking about loving yourself. Its one of the hardest things to do, for me. I was never taught to "love myself". I was taught to be humble, put others before myself. To "love myself" sounds selfish to me. It's the mindset I grew up with. It's what made me how I am today. It used to be so bad that I hated looking at myself in the mirror.
But I do try to be confident. I just needed some of those things to feel confident in myself. I just cannot love myself without them.
In other words, you could say that I hate my bare soul. And I'm drowning in my own self-hatred.
Oh, I am such a masochist.
No comments:
Post a Comment