Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Other Girl

We were friends. We knew each other for 1 year. One freaking year. And this guy started to give attention to you.

Of course as a friend, I would try to find out about him. For my own curiosity.

And guess what? I found out he has a girlfriend. I found out that he is living with the said girlfriend. I found out that he uses the said girlfriend's car to go to work. And then at work he flirts with you.

I won't lie. I hated him ever since I found out.
But for your sake, I tried being friends with him. I tried finding things out about him from himself. And all the things that I found out about him turned out to be true.

And yet the flirting continued. Your attention to him continued.

What.

Girl, when you found out he is somebody else's, you do not go near him. You do not pay him attention. That is just--bad. And low. And you can do so much better! You DESERVE so much better!

Even if he is in a rocky relationship, you do not interfere until he is clear of the relationship. Until he is confirmed single, you should not be interfering.

Maybe you think of him as a friend, but it doesn't seem like that to the rest of us. You two were clearly flirting. Clearly dating in the workplace, until both of you are unable to finish your work.

I wish I had just said, "Stop, he has a girlfriend." I wish I had just said, "Find someone else, he is living with his girlfriend."

You had no idea how much I was in agony over this matter. You were my friend, I cared about you. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want anybody to say anything bad about you.

But you didn't like that. You started to shut me out.
And everyone else around me thinks I shouldn't care about you anymore. That this friendship is not worth it.

I was up to the point where all my posts and thoughts are about saving you from that jerk, I was obsessed about it.

Until one of my loved ones said, "this is too much. It is all about HER". And I realised, I needed to stop.

So for my own good, and my own sanity, I cut off all contacts with you. It hurts, I won't lie. It is almost as intense as breaking up with a boyfriend. Almost.

There is nothing more that I can say to you, except this:

Don't get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment