Saturday, September 22, 2012

Relationships

Relationships.

 Basically, it means interactions with those you care about. They can be friends, family members, lovers, colleagues, etc.

I have a lot of relationships. And to me, relationships are treasures. Meant to be cherished.
So, I try to cherish all my relationships equally.
Up until recently, there was no problem in that area.

And then I fell in love. And I started to cherish this one particular relationship above the rest. Everything went well for a while. Splendidly well.
I started to ignore everything else, only focusing on this relationship. I was just so desperate to keep this relationship.

Before long, it all turned upside down. Death in the family. My mother. I couldn't believe it.
I couldn't believe it.
I had always thought she was going to be there for me forever. Well, not forever..

Let me tell you something. The pain of losing someone isn't as painful as being left behind. It isn't.
Still living, remembering, and unable to do anything, that hurts.
Being left behind, that hurts.

Recently, that most cherished relationship of mine ended. I was numb for a while. And I thought, I can get through this. I have a lot more relationships. With friends, families. I'll be fine.

But it's been a month now. And the pain is still there. Some days it went dull. Some days it would be so sharp, I feel like it just happened yesterday.
Today, its one of the latter days.

I wonder if he still thinks about me, just like I am still thinking of him.
I wonder if there's anything I can do to fix it. I wonder if I am too late to fix it.
He's still alive. I am still alive.
Do we really have no more chance? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment